It is with great sadness we report that Attorney, Marine, and Friend, J. Anthony Bryan, passed away the early morning hours of May 20, 2020.
If you need access to his files, please, contact his paralegal, Victor, at 661-303-8806.
Requiem Mass will be conducted at St. Michael’s Chapel at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 6, 2020, but due to the current pandemic few people can attend in person and it is by invitation only.
Union Cemetery: will only allow 10 immediate family members at the grave site. At the request of the Kern County Health Department, attendees must provide name, address, and phone number to all of those attending the graveside service. The remaining attendees must be 25 feet behind the family members at the grave site and the overall number of people allowed at the burial cannot exceed 75 attendees.
The Requiem Mass can be viewed on the Hillcrest Memorial Park and Mortuary Facebook Live page (details at https://www.
dignitymemorial.com/ obituaries/bakersfield-ca/ john-bryan-9201901 )
If you have been accused of a crime, speak to no one until you have consulted with an attorney of your choice.
There are several reasons you should consider choosing me as your attorney:
- If you hire me you get me, not some recent law school graduate.
- I’ve been successfully representing criminal defendants for over forty years. I have also been a prosecutor, so I know how things work on both sides of a case.
- I am highly skilled in criminal defense and keep current on the latest criminal defense developments and techniques.
- I am a trial attorney. I actually prepare defenses and take cases to trial – not like some attorneys who simply enter plea bargains in most or all of their cases.
- I am accessible. Like all trial attorneys, I am often in court and can’t immediately come to the phone; however, I always make sure my clients can get in touch with me through my office 861-8050 or on my cell phone 330-2526.
- Your first consultation is free. We can meet and discuss your case at no cost to you.
- I will aggressively defend you. I have been described by the Bakersfield Californian as the “Courtroom Tornado,” and I was the winner of the Atticus Finch Award for “unwavering commitment to his clients and the law.”
- I am an expert on defending those accused of sex crimes. In fact, I wrote the book on post-conviction relief for those convicted of sex offenses.
- I am an expert on the criminal process. In fact, I wrote the Second Edition of Handbook for the Accused.